It was somewhat an ordeal, maybe because I am 71, but the delays due to Postal Services mishaps did not help at all.
I first tried pestering Peter Berry about them (to no use), meaning why not a proper Baccus Crimean range?… wishful thinking of course!
Then I finally (and stubborn in a way) followed the Proxies Way!… that meant eliminating with a cutter the “French” parts of the minis (obvious even in 6MM).
Painting them was fast and true… the minor step of the way… you maybe do not believe how fast it is to paint 6MM!
Gluing them into bases was easy.
Then something I have not done for years… sculpting the bases or stands… an awful mess I did of it. To the credit of the Baccus basing system the old pots where still quite useful (except the wash who had evaporated more than 5 years later).
And finally the sets of colours (Napoleonic in fact).
This is my last effort of DIY in 6MM… my daughter has forbidden me to paint less than 54MM (LOL).
Only a matter of adding texture to the stands and pop goes the whistle!
It has been a long project with delays fault of the Postal services!… I have learned a lot about that by now. If I ever do a project again in 6MM (Do it Myself I mean) I would have to order quite ahead of the time of implementation.
Now the Brigade of Guards in the Crimea is finally on its last stages… of course the flags will help a lot!
In fact the idea of conquering The Holy Land was really farfetched… to invade, conquer and kill and destruct is not quite Christian I guess… Export violence is maybe a better description… and the seeds of Imperialism were already there.
I am no fan of the middle ages.
But as many of my contradictions show on those Posts… I can not resist High Quality Military Modeling.